We are extremely proud of our Forest School provision. a Forest School is an 'innovative educational approach to outdoor play and learning'. The philosophy of Forest Schools is to encourage and inspire individuals of any age through positive outdoor experiences.
At Forest School all participants are viewed as:
- Equal, unique and valuable
- Competent to explore and discover
- Entitled to experience appropriate risk and challenge
- Entitled to choose, and to initiate and to drive their own learning and development
- Entitled to experience regular success
- Entitled to develop positive relationships with themselves and other people
- Entitled to develop a strong, positive relationship with their natural world.
Mr Lee, Mrs Sharpe and Mrs Marshall hold the Level 3 Forest School qualification. They teach children from both Wessington and Lea from Year 1 to Year 6. The Forest School curriculum includes Design & Technology, 3D art, PSHE (Personal, Social Health Education) and SMSC (Social, Moral, Spiritual and Cultural). Each child has half a day per fortnight taking part in Forest Schools.