We work in partnership with Caterlink Ltd (see link below for further information) who provide our school lunches. All our lunches are cooked on site in our own dedicated kitchen. Children receive a nutritionally balanced meal with a choice of main/vegetarian or jacket potato option each day. Salads, home-made bread and fresh fruit are also available daily alongside the main meal.
Children can also bring in their own packed lunch from home. We hold the 'National Healthy School Award' and actively promote healthy eating throughout the school day, we therefore ask that children avoid chocolate bars, fizzy drinks and sweets and snacks with high fat or salt content.
All children, whether they have a school meal or packed lunch from home, eat their dinner in the school hall. Lunch time is an important part of the school day - a pleasant and social occasion where we encourage good table manners and the correct use of cutlery. We also encourage children to try a wide variety of foods and try and leave a clean plate!
School meals cost £2.25 per day for children in Key Stage 2 . Dinner money should be paid in advance using our line payment system ParentPay.
School Lunch Menu - January to March 2021
Free School Meal Entitlement
Children in Key Stage 1 (Reception, Year 1 and Year 2) are entitled to a free school meal under the government's Universal Free School Meals scheme.
All children in Derbyshire schools, aged 5 to 18, can get free school meals if they qualify. Your child may be able to get free school meals if you (or the young person themselves, where appropriate) get any of the following:
- Universal Credit, provided they have an annual net earned income not exceeding £7,400 (£616.67 per month)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit (WTC) and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190) as assessed by HRMC
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
For further information and to apply for free school meals please visit: